Who's going to cover your medical bills and regular expenses while you're out of work? Workers' comp exists for this very reason. If you're looking for a workers' compensation law firm to help you handle the claims process, look no further than The Dejeu Law Firm.
Whether you've suffered an acute injury on a construction site or a repetitive motion strain in an office, we will fight for you. Visit a reputable workers' compensation law firm in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina today.
Even simple errors in your workers' compensation claim can create serious headaches in the future. A work injury attorney from The Dejeu Law Firm can handle your claim from beginning to end. Trust us to...
Workers' compensation is a "no fault" system. That means that, most of the times, you don't have to prove that your employer did anything wrong to have caused your injury. You simply have to prove that you were injured as a result of an accident while working.
If you suffered an injury while on the job, here are 5 things you need to do:
1. Immediately notify your supervisor of your work-related injury. Also, tell other any other co-worker about your injury. If others witnessed your injury, write down their names and contact information for future reference.
2. Immediately seek medical care or treatment for the work-related injury. Your right to workers' compensation benefits may be compromised if you are truly injured but you failed to seek medical care for the work-related injury.
3. Give accurate description of your work-related injury to the medical providers, always describing in detail the type of injury you suffered, and what body parts you injured.
4. Do not sign any form of statement, incident report before you're absolutely sure you understand what you are signing and the information in the statement or incident report is accurate.
5. Do not agree to provide a recorded statement to the insurance company about your work-related injury. It is better for you to have the advice and counsel of a lawyer who can guide you through this process.
If you suffered a work-related injury, please call or text The Dejeu Law Firm at (843) 907-9764. We would be happy to hear about your case and represent you.